1. Apparently I speak Spanish with a French accent--at least according to SHH. I disagree, but whatever.
2. I'm going to miss everyone saying, "It's a pleasure" whenever I say thank you for something.
3. I've always known I had temperature control issues (I'm always too hot or too cold), but I didn't realize just how bad it was until I got caught in a downpour in the jungle (for an entire day!) and everyone else seemed fine while I was shivering uncontrollably and my fingers, lips, and toes were all purple. The couple we were with kept talking about how fun it was to be in a warm rainstorm. I wasn't quite sure we were in the same jungle as they were.
4. Mexican beef tastes different. At first I liked it and didn't mind, but by the end of the week (and a bout of Montezuma's revenge) it was starting to make me sick just to smell it, let alone eat it.
5. I miss waking up to room service and the ocean below my balcony. Also the sun. And warmth. And the gorgeous blue ocean. What a beautiful place.
6. People who are drunk and who have never driven a boat before should not be allowed to drive a boat. We got rammed from behind, breaking our motor and throwing it into full throttle. Luckily SHH did some quick maneuvering and saved us from another collision and then shut off the engine and had to beach it and wait for them to bring us another boat. The guy who hit us tried to claim a wave did it. We were in a cove without any waves. Mmmhmm. Sure.
7. Humidity + my skin = no bueno.
8. Humidity + my hair = massive amounts of volume and frizz
9. You should never post pictures when you're out in the bright sunlight and can't tell for sure just how much detail is visible in the picture.
10. I loved having the chance to feel like I was in the world of DEFY for parts of this trip. There were times walking through the jungle, both in the sun and the rain, that I totally felt like Alexa. Minus the sword and all of that. So cool.
It was an incredible trip! Now I'm trying to get back into the grind of reality and normal life and work and being a Mommy and everything else again!