Saturday, March 27, 2010

The CALL!

It finally happened... that moment an aspiring author dreams about and wishes for and agonizes over.

I got THE CALL.


You know the one. A fabulous agent wrote me to say she'd read my book over the weekend and couldn't put it down. Would I be available to talk with her about it sometime this week?


Um... YES!!


After years of hard work and dreaming and rejection and picking myself back up off the floor and refusing to give up, I got an offer of representation. I am so excited, I can hardly stand it!
This blog will contain my thoughts and experiences on the road to publication (which will hopefully be sooner than later), and writing and life in general.
I hope my story and experiences can be inspiring and motivational to as many people as read this. My road wasn't easy, I didn't write a book, send off ten queries and get an agent. I had all these big dreams of that happening, but... no such luck. However, I never gave up, I believed (and so did so many amazing people around me who helped keep me going), and it finally, finally happened.


Barnes & Noble, here I come!! (Sooner or later...)

16 comments:

Stacey said...

yay! I am the number one commenter and follower! Woot! Love the look, it's very cute!

We are so excited for you!

Sara B. Larson said...

Thanks Stace!! I really appreciate it! Yay, I have a follower!!! ;-)

Elana Johnson said...

That is awesome!! Who is it? Can you not share? It's HUGE -- congrats!!

And are you in Utah? I see a lot of your blogs you follow are Utah/LDS people. I'm going to be at the LDStorymakers conference. We should meet/chat!

Sara B. Larson said...

Hey Elana! I am in UT. I'm not going to the LDStorymakers conference, because it's my hubby's bday, but we could definitely meet up for lunch or something that day, or another time. That would be fun!

I'm just waiting to finalize everything and ask her if she cares if I share her name or not before I say. (She was in Bologna when I accepted, so we haven't spoken on the phone again yet.) I am very excited! Thanks!

Allyson Condie said...

Congratulations, Sara! This is AWESOME.

Elana Johnson said...

Dude, too bad about the conference. :( I'm not sure how much time I'll have those days. But still, we could meet another day for lunch or something! I'm in UT county.

Good luck with finalizing -- I'll keep my eye on your blog. :)

Cally Stephens-Nielson said...

Can't wait for the next installment, Sara. I was so excited to hear about it in class last week.

Cally Stephens-Nielson said...

P.S I can think of an agent who was in Bologna this last week...

Sara B. Larson said...

Thanks Ally!! :-)

Elana, we should definitely meet up for lunch sometime. That would be great!

Cally, there were lots of agents in Bologna last week... ;-)

~Jamie said...

Isn't it the coolest thing to happen, like EVER. :)

I am so happy for you!

Carolyn V. said...

Woo hoo Sara!!!! *happy dance* I'm so excited for you! =)

gram said...

oh Sara! i am so happy for you! i've always had a book in me that wants to come out and have never followed through -- you GO GIRL!!!

Patti said...

I came over from Carolyn's blog, congratulations. It's nice to see that hardwork does pay off.

About Me said...

I come over from Elana's blog and saw your announcement. Congrats! It's success stories like yours that keep me truckin' on. :)

Sara B. Larson said...

Jamie - It is so amazing, half the time I can hardly believe it really happened!

Thanks so much Carolyn!! :-)

Aunt Erma (right? I'm pretty sure your blog name is Gram) - Thank you so much! I'm so happy you commented. You should write your book!

Patti - Thanks for coming over and becoming a follower! Hardwork does pay off... sometimes it just takes a while!

Crimey - Thanks for coming over! I hope you'll come back often. :-) Yes, definitely keep going -- I'm proof that you should never give up!

Anonymous said...

Look what I found?? Awesome Ms. B! I look forward to following along and eventually singing the praises of yet another Utah author!! Cool beans m'dear.