Five Random Thoughts for your Friday enjoyment:
1. Authors are awesome (or frawesome as Elana J. would say). They are giving, they are understanding, they are inspirational, they are just dang cool. Don't you agree? I love being able to hang out with other authors, and I'm very lucky to have so many where I live that are so friendly.
2. Why is it in style to be tan? Why can't it still be considered fashionable to be pale and healthy? I mean, seriously - who decided "You know what would be really attractive? Having everyone get burned by the sun until their skin changes colors to varying degrees of brown, grows freckles and moles and wrinkles and cancer! That would be truly beautiful." Who?? Didn't it use to be a sign of your status and wealth to have flawless white skin? Now to look good, I have to age my skin, and risk death by melanoma. Yes, I've had a melanoma scare on my back, and it was not fun. And somehow I still find myself thinking, maybe I'll just wear 15 spf today so I can get a little color. What is wrong with us? (or is it just me?)
3. While we're on the subject, why did being so stinkin' skinny become fashionable too? Being pleasantly plump also used to be a sign of status - why can't it still be a good thing? Then I could go eat three more of my caramel chip bars and not feel like I need to go run for an hour to "deserve" it. Okay, who am I kidding, I'm going to eat them anyway.
4. I know I'm opening myself up to all sorts of attacks with this one, but I just have to put it out there. The best line in ECLIPSE (the movie) is when Jacob says, "You know I'm hotter than you." (I think that's the exact quote, but if I got it a little bit wrong, you still know which on I'm talking about.) The whole theater I was in cheered at that one. So true, so true young werewolf or shapeshifter or whatever you are. Even though you are a foot shorter than you're supposed to be, you are definitely hotter than poor Robert Patty; and you are the one who accomplished what Rob/Edward couldn't - you actually produced chemistry when you kissed Bella.
5. I love movie soundtracks, and I'm always listening to the music in movies I see to try and find new music to write to. Some of my favorite composers are Hans Zimmer, James Horner, and Howard Shore, but there are many others. I just love music. Some of my favorite music I've heard recently is actually from the HP7 movie preview. I really hope that is the actual soundtrack music, because it's gorgeous, and I have no idea where I can find it if it's not the soundtrack. Does anyone have any clue? Probably not, but just thought I'd put it out there. I know many authors dream of having their books made into movies someday, and I'm one of them - but one of my biggests reasons why is because I want to have a soundtrack that is because of my story and my characters. How cool would that be?
So what are you thinking about today?