1. Any of you watching "Once Upon a Time?" What do you think so far?
I actually really like it. BUT. After this last episode, I have to admit, I'm beginning to feel like I need SOMETHING good to happen soon or else... well, I don't know. I just need to feel like there is some sort of hope. Because right now? Not so much. What do you think Rumpelstiltskin is up to?
2. That got me thinking about writing... how much can you put your characters through before it's too much? How long can you keep a reader interested without offering hope? Just a thought.
3. I want to get my six-year-old some books for Christmas. Any suggestions of good chapter books that would interest him? Nothing too mature obviously, but not a picture book either. He's in this in between stage, so that I'm not quite sure what to get for him.
4. I'm in a strange place with my writing right now. I have a couple different ideas that I've started and then haven't been able to decide if I should continue with them or not. I really need to finish something again. It's been too long (almost a year) since I wrote an entire book from scratch. Edited, revised, started, plotted, sure. But start to finish complete a new book? Nope. Granted, I had a baby this year, and I have been busy working on books for my agent. But still, I feel this strange sense of dissatisfaction with myself right now that I know stems from not creating anything new for a while. Hopefully I can get down to it soon.
5. Thank you all for your very kind comments on my last post. I guess I'll just keep on keeping on.
Happy Friday--and Merry Christmas next week! For the next two weeks, I'm going to be posting some of my older (but [in my opinion] still great) posts. I'll be back with new posts in the New Year. (Unless inspiration strikes before then, of course.) Hope you all have a great finish to 2011!