So, here are the most recent ones I've gotten from Christine Fonseca and Ali Cross (Thank you both so much!!):
1.Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
3.Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4.Lastly, contact all the bloggers that you’ve picked for the award.
One Lovely Blog Award Rules:
1.Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.
2.Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
3.Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
So, here are seven things about me that you may or may not know:
1. I've been 5'9" since fifth grade. Yeah. I hated it. I've been battling to have good posture ever since, because let me tell you, when all of your friends hit you about mid-chest, it's hard to hear what they're saying. Also, hard to not feel like a giant. So I would stoop down to try and not seem so tall. Now, I love how tall I am, but I still have to remember to stand up straight sometimes.
2. I love cooking. LOVE it. I might even go so far as to call myself a teensy bit gourmet. However, I hate cleaning dishes. So, if anyone ever wants an amazing meal, I'd be happy to make it for you if you'll clean up.
3. I think it's kind of funny that as a "child", I read a lot of adult books: Jurassic Park in 5th grade, Gone with the Wind in 6th. You get the idea. I found out about some YA books in high school and have been reading and writing it ever since. I love how big the YA genre has gotten. Now, instead of never having enough to read, I have WAAAY too much! (A good problem to have)
4. I was the biggest nerd you could imagine for most of my school years. I'm not kidding. I have the embarrassing pictures/memories to prove it. Glasses in second grade, being the "Jolley Green Giant" (like I mentioned above) by 5th grade, a total bookworm (who not only read tons of books but actually WROTE them--GASP! Social Suicide!), you get the idea. Funny how the very things that made my unpopular as a child have now helped me find some of my dearest friends.
5. I've had 7 semi-major and/or major surgeries in my life (so far). Plus three broken bones, some broken ribs, a few concussions, and many other minor surgeries. Yeah, me and the Dr.'s office/ER/hospital... we're like this. Uh, insert mental image of me crossing my fingers together.
6. I used to own a Thoroughbred named Cherry that I competed Hunter/Jumpers with in Utah. (Jumpers is what you see in the Olympics - where the horses jump over really big fences and can't knock down the bars or you get penalties, and it's timed. The fastest, cleanest ride wins.) We won almost every competition. When I had to sell him when I was 15, I was so depressed I couldn't even bear to say goodbye to him. I regret that so much now. I'd give anything to find out where he is and buy him back again. And ride again.
7. I sang with my high school's "elite" choir called Madrigals as a senior in high school. I even had a solo at one performance, I sang Storybook from The Scarlett Pimpernell.
So, hopefully that was somewhat entertaining for you. Here are fifteen author blogs that I love to read or have just recently found:
There are so many amazing author blogs out there, that's why I often shy away from doing "awards" because I don't want anyone to feel left out. Please know this list is NOT all inclusive, it was just the first fifteen blogs I thought of that I love. There are many, MANY more. Congrats to you all and share the love!
Coming up on Wednesday: my recap of Kiersten White's book signing (so awesome, and how cute is she??).