1. SHH is amazing. Besides being super hot, he's also super sweet. (Sappy, I know, sorry.) But I had to say something. I'm sitting in a completely clean kitchen, with a clean family room, and the boys' room is clean, and... yeah, EVERYTHING is clean! That is remarkable because I've been pretty sick recently, and the house had descended into complete disarray. (Two young boys + one sick mommy = pandelerium.) He surprised me last night and cleaned ALL of it. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. A heaven where I still felt like throwing up, but at least I wouldn't have to trip over 8 zillion toys and piles of crap to get to the bathroom. Man, I love that man. Okay, sap over.
2. Seeing your friend's book come out is really amazing. To have read a manuscript on a computer, seeing it evolve and then watching her get an agent, a deal, seeing the ARCs come out--all of that was amazing. But nothing compares to walking into the bookstore, and seeing that beautiful, shiny book on a shelf. (Or actually, in a special display case.) I am so excited for Ally, and can't wait for her launch party tomorrow!
3. I need to stop buying books. Wait! Before you try to jump through the computer and attack me, let me explain. I just need to stop for right now. Because I keep buying myself all the ones on my Christmas List. If I keep getting them, what will I have Santa get me?
4. There's only a couple of weeks left (starting on Monday) until SonA is on break from school for 2 WEEKS. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. Any ideas on what I can do to entertain him?
5. You've just got to love Utah weather. Last week, they practically shut the state down because the "blizzard of the decade" was headed for us. It was going to be The Day After Tomorrow x10. And then it wasn't. It was just a normal snow storm with some really cold temps attached. Then, the beginning of this week, we actually have a blizzard that lasts for almost TWO DAYS, dumping almost two feet of snow (at least where I live), and nothing happens. School goes on like normal, no road closures, nothing. Welcome to Utah. You know what they, if you don't like the weather, just wait until tomorrow. Or a couple of hours. Now it's so warm, half the snow has melted away. ("Warm" relatively speaking right now, means above freezing.)
So what are your thoughts today?