1. My kids have become better than an alarm clock. They both get up at 7 am every day. SonA helps SonB get out of his crib, and then they come in our room. It's a pretty cute wakeup call... but I do wish there was some way to get them to sleep in, at least on Saturday. Oh well!
2. There are certain books that maybe aren't the best to read when you're pregnant, emotional, and already having really weird dreams every night. Though it was really good, all the zombies and death and hopelessness and zombies was a little much for me right now. Lesson learned. Wait to read Carrie Ryan's books until I'm NOT pregnant. And when I'm not going to cry at the part where Catcher talks about the little boy he couldn't save...
3. Isn't it amazing how a book can completely change your mood? I knew I needed something to read that was a little bit... um, less horrorifying after the way The Dark and Hollow Places affected me. I picked up Hex Hall, and so far it was just what I needed. A snarky, fun protag and no zombies in sight. At least, not yet. My dreams were noticeably less filled with half-destroyed bodies of the dead coming after me and my children and my unborn baby.
4. Writing is like eating. You think you're full, and couldn't ever eat again after you stuff yourself (or do a writing marathon); but without fail, you always get hungry again. In the same way, I always want to write again, no matter how burned out I may feel one day. By the next, I am craving it again.
5. Is anyone else a little bit freaked out by how expensive gas is? And that they're predicting it's going to go even higher... and no one seems to be that bothered about it? Wasn't everyone freaking out about gas being this expensive a couple years ago? Why is it okay now? I'm nervous it's going to stay this price forever now. Ugh.
So those are my thoughts today. What's on your mind this Friday? Have a great weekend!