1. It was 70 degrees today. 70! There was much rejoicing throughout the land. I spent the afternoon weeding and planting flowers for my mom (to surprise her for Mother's Day) with my boys and my sisters. It was fabulous. I adore my mom, she is just completely made of awesome. She's always been one of my best friends. Love ya! Happy Mother's Day Mom!
2. Speaking of my boys, SonA's birthday is this weekend. He was actually born on Mother's Day (my first real Mother's Day!), and his birthday landed on it again this year. We will be celebrating on Saturday since Sunday will be so packed, and he can't wait! I can't believe how old he's getting. Time just seems to fly when it comes to how quickly my kids are growing up. Except when my two-year-old is throwing tantrums. Then, it could stand to go by just a tad faster. Okay, not really. But sheesh! ;)
3. Melanoma sucks. Why can't our society still think pale is pretty? No, we have to all wish we were tan (me included), even though I've already had a cancer scare on my back. I still long for golden skin. Lame, right? Ugh.
4. Also, why can't plump still be in vogue? Then we could all slather on the sunscreen, not get skin cancer, eat all the cake and ice cream and cookies we want, and die of diabetes instead.
5. Hmmm, I haven't seemed to come up with any thoughts on writing this week. So, here you go. I wish my laptop screen worked better outside. Because it's hard to see what I'm typing when I'm sitting out, enjoying the sun (with my sunscreen on of course), letting my boys play. It's a true dilemma.
So, wow, there's some random thoughts for you to round out this week. What are your thoughts today? Any fun plans for Mother's Day?