Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Four or Five

1. We are NOT enjoying the cold weather over here. To go from 85 degrees to 35 and snowing in two days? Not cool Mother Nature. Well, actually it is literally cool--or cold, rather--but I think you know what I mean.

2. We are (almost) all sick now. SonB got croup first, and a week later (and many desperate attempts to keep Baby Girl away from him) she and I are both sick, too. All of my kids have had croup before, but never as young as her. It's a little nerve-wracking.

3. I'm supposed to be going on a long run tomorrow (8-9 miles) in preparation for my race in three weeks. That should be an adventure. Maybe the cold air and exercise will help me feel better...? Hey, just trying to think positive.

4. Speaking of the race, I got my costume for it (it's a Halloween Half, and most runners dress up) and I'm really excited about it! Now I just have to convince my sister to dress up too. I think everyone else we're running with us is planning on it. Maybe I'll even post a picture of us all dressed up. But only if I get one pre-race. I don't sweat pretty.

5. Random fact: I hate being scared. I don't do scary movies, or horror stories. I'm already scared of the dark as it is.

How about you? Do you like being scared or not? Any fun Halloween parties (or races) you're going to? Hope you all have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Nicole Zoltack said...

I hate being scared, hate horror movies.

Btw, I had my level 2 ultrasound and we decided to find out the sex. In mid February, we'll have son #3. I'm thrilled that he's healthy but I so wanted him to be a her.

Jennie Bailey said...

Sometimes I like to be scared. It depends on my mood! I have to get to decorating the house today. Time to pull out those Halloween decorations! We're going from coolish weather (50s and rain) to hot weather (100 degrees) by the middle of next week. What is with these changes?? Anyway, feel better - all of you! So sorry Baby Girl got it too!

Tasha Seegmiller said...

Good luck with the half. I'm shooting for the Bryce Canyon half next summer. Love how many people are working on running and writing together.