1. Anyone else watch DTWS? I admit that it's one of my guilty pleasures. I usually don't have time to watch it (or any other shows), but ever since I started working from home at night (doing fairly mindless stuff), I get to watch lots of TV. DWTS is one of the only reality shows I'll watch. But this season is really making me Mad. Yep, mad enough to deserve a capital M. Seriously America, SERIOUSLY?? Bristol is still semi-walking around the ballroom looking dazed and confused while Rick and now Kurt are voted off? Seriously. Grrr. (She's nice and all, but seriously. Can't. Dance. At. All.) (That was a lot of seriously's. Obviously I am upset about this. Seriously.)
2. I love getting the chance to read ARCs, I really do. Except for one thing. That whole "oh no, it's a cliffhanger, and it hasn't even been published yet, so that means I have to wait HOW LONG to read the next one?!?!?!" That part can be rough. But still, totally worth it. For some reason it makes me feel special to read an ARC, something the rest of the general public doesn't get to read yet. So, ya know, if you ever feel like making my day, feel free to send me an ARC. I'll even give it back, I don't have to keep it to be happy. Just read it. He he he.
3. Boys are exhausting. I'm not talking about the ones you are dating and/or married to (although they can be too); I'm talking about the pint-sized ones that you give birth to after the dating leads to marriage and then that baby in the you-know-what. I grew up with four little sisters, and so far I have two boys. Can you say gender shock? In case you were wondering: Little boys? VERY different than little girls. I'm still trying to figure out when my boys are actually being naughty, as opposed to just being, well, boys. Any hints?
4. I'm tall. Not turn-your-head, jaw-dropping, amazon woman tall (I seriously saw a woman that had to be 6'4" without heels the other day. She made me feel short -- something I haven't experienced since 4th grade). But, anyway, pretty tall "for a girl." I'm 5'9" - and I still love to wear heels. I married tall, so I can get away with it. I love shoes. Like a lot. I kind of have a fetish for finding awesome, unique heels. If you ever meet me in person, chances are you'll see what I mean. Unless I'm tired, and feeling too lazy to walk in heels. Then not so much.
5. I LOVE Mystic Mints. They were the most amazing treats ever. Then, one day, I couldn't find them anymore. Oreo had bought them out or something, and poof! Gone. Sadness reigned supreme for many days. Oreo tried to make a copy-cat, but they were like getting generic Kroger brand mac&cheese when you're hoping for Kraft. Those eventually disappeared as well. I mourned the loss of a favorite treat. (The thing is that they're just normal oreos on the inside, but they come inside a thick shell of mint fudge. The best way to eat them is to bite off just enough of the top so that you can stick a fork into the white oreo filling [without breaking the cookie apart], and then set the whole thing in a cup of milk for about 30 seconds. Just enough to let it soak into the cookie, and permeate the fudge coating. Then you eat the whole thing at once. It. Is. Heaven.) Why did I tell you all that? Because Oreo brought them back for a limited time and this time, THEY'RE ACTUALLY GOOD!!!! Celebration! The only downer is that they charge $2.50 or more for a little box of 12 cookies. What a rip off! But, I love them, so I bit the bullet and bought a box. I am rationing my cookies. No more than 2 at once. I have to try and make it last.
How was that for random thoughts on this lovely, cold Friday? How about you? What are your thoughts today?