Friday, November 19, 2010

The Friday Five...

that didn't happen. Because, let's face it--my F.F. today would consist of: Harry Potter is amazing. The movie actually stuck to the books, woohoo! It rocked! I am exhausted. And the movie was SO good. And I'm super tired. I love these books so much. I can't wait for the next movie to see how they do with the last half. But I'm so tired right now, I think I have sand under my eyelids. Oh wait, I have kids--no falling asleep! Must. Stay. Awake. Plus I have lots of writing to do, and cleaning, and you know... Life waits for no tired Mommy.



So, instead, here is an inspiring quote and a suggestion:



"Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of."

-- Benjamin Franklin



Even though I'm tired, I'm not squandering the time I have been given today. But I might be going to bed nice and early tonight. Let's hope anyway.



My suggestion is that you go check out my guest post on the lovely, fabulous Carolina Valdez Miller's blog. (Who I am now calling Cuteness, because she really is cute, and also SO sweet, but she already decided to call me Sweetness, and I can't call her the same name back. C for Carolina and Cuteness. Yep. Perfect.) Okay, I got off topic there. Back to my post. Do you worry about following the "trends" in YA? Find out my thoughts!



Happy Friday, everyone! What did you think of the movie? Or crazy adults who go see it at midnight? (or 12:35 if you want to be really accurate.)

8 comments:

Shannon Messenger said...

Sooooo jealous you already saw the movie. I won't have time to go until next week. Le sigh.

Off to check your guest post at Carol's blog. And you're right, she IS cute. Sickeningly so. :D

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Man, I'm so excited to see HP!!! Ahh I can't wait. As soon as my oldest gets home from school, we're going to sit down and watch HP6, and then when hubs gets home, he'll stay to watch the little one while we go and see HP7!

Yay!

Hope you can get a nap in! But man, so worth it, I bet. Especially if the movie stayed true to the book. Eeeep!

Thanks so much for the link and the super sweet name. You totally deserve the Sweetness title ;)

Kelly Polark said...

Great post at Carol's!
I'm hoping to see the Harry Potter movie next week!

Melissa Gill said...

I've got my tickets reserved for 10:40 am tomorrow. I'm watching the last half of OTP and HBP tonight and then tomorrow, woohoo! Can't wait. Thanks for the info, glad it sticks to the books. Now I'm even more excited if that's possible.

Liz said...

Love the Ben Franklin quote! Didn't love...the movie. I wanted to love it, but it fell flat for me. So sad since Deathly Hallows was my favorite of the books. It sees like everyone else is liking it, though, so it must be my issue, not the movie's. :)

Jennie Bailey said...

We skipped the midnight showing this year since the jerk behind us last July coughed on us the whole movie and 24 hours later we had H1N1. Went tonight and LOVED it. Cried twice. In a good way. Well, not a good way. Oh, you know what I mean! As you can tell, you're not the only tired one. Off to make some peppermint tea and try to write a bit before my eyelids close on me...Have a GREAT weekend!

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

Great post on C's blog!! Also, I can not WAIT to see HP! I have to wait to see it with family... the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure I might die waiting because it's killing me!!! Love that quote :)

DL Curran said...

I can't wait to see Harry Potter! Hope you're less tired now! ;)