Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Four or Five: the late edition

1. First of all, Sarah Allen has yet to claim her prize (an ecopy of BECOME). If she doesn't email or comment with her email by Sunday night, I will pick a new winner and announce him/her on Monday.

2. Here's the deal. I love movies. I love movie soundtracks. I listen to original scores all the time while writing. I picture my books playing out like movies in my head at night (and when I'm writing, too). When I read, I visualize scenes like a movie in my mind. So, when people make books into movies, I'm all "yay!" Unless I see the movie and they destroy it. Ahem, HP6, ahem. (And many others...) But then, there are books that were just so, um,... yeah... to begin with, that the movie is all messed up before it ever had a chance.

3. I may have seen Breaking Dawn last night. I might have laughed. A lot. Sometimes it was supposed to be funny (why can't her dad and Alice be in every scene??); sometimes... not so much. (There was this one scene with the wolf pack, and loud booming voices and laughter--except that part was coming from me and my sisters and my mom and my friends.) (Or that other part where a certain baby and wolf make eye contact and heavenly choirs begin to sing of imprinting and the whole theater was laughing.) But, don't take my word for it. Lots of people seemed to like the movie a lot. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood.

4. Wanna know what movie based on a book looks like they nailed it? The Hunger Games. I've watched that preview multiple times, and it makes me get teary-eyed every time. "I volunteer!" Oh baby, I can't wait for that one! I was really hoping they'd show that preview last night, but alas...

5. I just read an awesome book this week, that you'll get to hear more about soon (maybe even on Monday). I love reading awesome books. Now, if only I could write one... Have I mentioned that NaNo isn't going so well? Sigh.

So, what's on your mind this week?

4 comments:

lisa and laura said...

I really, really wish The Hunger Games was coming out tomorrow. I want to see that movie so bad.

As for Twilight, I will see it. And I will laugh. Hard. I love the cheese.

Maegan Langer said...

I have not seen Breaking Dawn yet, but I'm thinking I'll probably react much the same way you did. Oh well. It's not The English Patient, and it's not supposed to be. I'm just going to go and enjoy the epic silliness of it all :-)

Maegan Langer said...

P.S. I haven't read The Hunger Games yet (I know, I'm lame), but dang that movie trailer made me want to rush out and read all the books right now!

Mark Koopmans said...

Aloha Sara,

Found you via David Powers King's blog, and wanted to say hi, and good luck with your agent and your future publishing deal:)

Regards and aloha!