Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Five: short and sweet

1. My brain is quite literally on the verge of reaching fried status, so that is a big reason why this is going to be short and sweet. But the great news is that I'm definitely going to meet my goal of finishing the first draft of my WIP by the end of the month! Possibly this weekend. Yay! *tosses confetti at myself* *sneezes and wonders why I just did that*

2. I'm almost to 300 followers (just one away!) and I'm wondering if I should do a giveaway to celebrate. Or maybe I should wait (since I did a 200 followers one not too long ago), until I hit a bigger number, like 500... hmm... what do you think? And if I did get convinced to do a giveaway, what would you prefer this time: books or critiques?

3. The weather is driving me nuts. I want it to be WARM. No more blizzards. NO MORE.

4. You know what is not fun? Asking someone when they're due (because they're obviously pregnant), and thinking "she's totally due after me because she's way smaller than I am" and then they tell you they're due a month before you. BEFORE. Did I mention her baby belly was smaller than mine? AND I was taller than her. Isn't there supposed to be some rule that tall people get to have smaller baby bumps because there's more space for the baby? So not true for me. Ah, well. What can you do?

5. I love listening to SonA read. To see him putting concepts together, and pointing out "silent 'e' words" to me, and finding joy in understanding the world around him on a new level. I hope I can help instill a true love of reading in him.

Bonus thought: I have to give a shout out to my wonderful friend Carolina Valdez Miller who signed with an agent last week. (If you aren't already, make sure and go follow her. She seriously rocks you guys.)

WOOHOO!!! *throws confetti at her* *hopes she doesn't sneeze too*

She is the one of the kindest, most caring, hard working people I've "met" (not in person yet unfortunately, though I hope sometime soon to change that!), and I couldn't be more thrilled for her. Her book sounds amazing, and I'm beyond excited to see what happens next. Congrats again Carol, you deserve it! :)

Maybe I also should have titled this post "random." Whatevs, remember how I said my brain is nearly fried? Yeah. It is.

So, what's on your mind this week?

11 comments:

Stina said...

Congrats on almost being finished you WIP and being so close to 300.

I celebrated reaching 50 followers a year ago. My plan was to then celebrate when I got to 200 followers, but that happened before the end of the contest. I'm getting ready to celebrating reaching 500, but I want to do something more interesting this time. Not sure what though. Hmmmm.

Kristine Asselin said...

I'd follow you again if I wasn't already. :)

Carolyn V said...

Wow, you're a busy lady Sara! Congrats on almost 300! That's awesome!

ali cross said...

LOL, Sara. I totally missed Carolina's news, so thanks for the heads up! And I'm POSITIVE your baby-belly is cute and awesome and beautiful even if it is ginormous. :) Have a great weekend of writing Sara!

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

By the time I read this, you had hit 300, so congratulations! Sounds busy. And you are doing it while pregnant. That's saying something. (Something awesome.)

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Aw, I love you, girl. thank you for the super kind mention. I really appreciate it. You're a sweetheart, and I'm so glad to know you. I can't wait to meet up in person someday.

Congrats first on being so so so close to being done with your WIP!! Yahoo! And congrats on hitting 300! You did it! *dances the robot for Sara*

Russo said...

Oh my goodness! Congrats on the WIP to be completed that is a HUGE accomplihments. You always inspire me.

And congrats on the near 300 number-I can see why your numbers are growing. You are incredible!

Janiel Miller said...

Congratulations (WIP completion), Congratulations (300 Followers), and Congratulations (Baby bump the size of a pea) (Listen honey, I looked like I had a torpedo taped to my hips when I was where you are. You're itty bitty.)

Great job, Sara. Your blog is sweet and informative and entertaining.

Also, CONGRATULATIONS TO CAROLINA. That's very cool.

Susan Fields said...

That's such exciting news about Carolina!

We're having a blizzard today. All the beautiful spring blooming trees are covered with inches of snow. It's so sad!

Janette Rallison said...

It's so great that you're having another baby! Congratulations! I hope it all goes well.

Lola Sharp said...

Well, if it's her first baby, you can take consolation in that. Second (third, etc.) pregnancies 'pop'/show sooner/bigger.

I'm very, very over this winter. Yet, apparently, winter is not ready to leave. We've been far below average temps here for weeks, and the 7 day forecast shows another week of well below normal temps. *pouts* I wish I had some magical solution. Alas, spring will show her face and stick around sooner or later. :)

And, yes, Carol truly is the sweetest person. She's a lot of fun and completely sincere. I love her very much and am proud to call her my friend. And nothing will make me happier than the day she gets news of a huge book deal, because no one works harder or deserves it more than Carol.

Congrats on being *thisclose* to 300 followers. And Yay! for (almost...or by now, perhaps you've completed?) finishing your current WiP! It's very satisfying typing The End. :)

Hugs,
Lola