1. Going back to my wednesday post, I realized another movie I watched all the time as a teen (and could quote almost the whole thing from) was Maverick. "If I can't touch you, I can touch your shirt and dream." It's where I learned a proper southern accent from. ;) Just a random thought I had.
2. I am happy and sad. Happy because my migraines have been almost nonexistent since I scaled back on my internet time and tried to limit most of my computer use to just writing time. But I'm sad because I'm missing out on so many of your blogs. :( Will you comment and tell me how you are doing? What's new? What's exciting or boring in your life right now? Because I'm bummed I can't keep up on everyone like I used to. Maybe I can try again soon and see if the migraines stay away this time. Maybe it was just a phase. One can hope, right?
3. My goal right now is to write at least ten pages a day, and I'm crossing my fingers that will equate to this rough draft being done by the end of my month. So far, I've achieved that goal or surpassed it every day. But for some reason, actually telling myself I want to write that many pages seems to make it harder to get there some nights. Weird how that works. But I force myself on, and will continue to do so. Usually the times when I force myself to keep writing, even when I feel like quitting, is when I end up writing the most!
4. I can't seem to stop eating sugar in all its varieties. Cake, candy, juice, brownies, fruit, cake, you name it. I don't make it for myself, but I keep having "opportunities" to eat it, or have it given to me, and I just can't say no. Usually, I'm able to limit myself to once a week and keep it to small servings. But with this pregnancy, I'm all about the sugar baby. Is it a girl thing?
5. We had a traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner last night, with corned beef and cabbage and a bunch of green food. My mom usually makes the beef and my sisters and I pitch in on the rest. This year, my mom is in NYC, so I decided to keep the tradition alive and offered to make the main dish. It was my first time, but I think it turned out well. My sisters brought their husbands, a beautiful baby girl all dressed in green, yummy salad and dessert and we watched Jimmer make a bunch of incredible shots. We had a great time. However, I didn't get any writing done after dinner. Luckily, I did get eight pages written during SonB's nap (and SonA was at a play group) earlier, but that is still two pages short of my goal. I'm exhausted, and unfortunately have a headache. Do I make myself stay up and write? Or go to bed and call it good? Hmmm....
What's on your mind today? Did you do anything fun for St. Patty's Day? Am I the only person who can't find the will power to "just say no!" to dessert??