Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Five


1. I'm just over 40k into my new WIP. It's an interesting place to be--I am excited to be that far, but also wishing I were further. (As in DONE.) Yes, for those of you wondering (or who know), I am able to write fast. But honestly, I almost have to. If I don't, it seems like my idea(s) start to drift off and I can't get them back. I have to get the words and plots out as fast as I can so they don't disappear on me. Also, I start to doubt myself when it takes longer. For some reason, even though I'm super excited about this idea, and I want and need to get it done, sometimes I just have a hard time concentrating. I didn't have that problem the last time I was pregnant. But maybe since I'm having a girl this time, she's making my brain react differently. Who knows.


2. Sometimes recently, I lose my train of thought. Or worse, I forget major events. Like SonA's parent-teacher conferences. Yeah, my appointment was at 4. I remembered when I saw a flashing light on my phone around 4:30, checked my phone, and saw the reminder on my calendar. Thankfully she still squeezed us in, but seriously! What is my problem? I've never been this spacey in my life. I think we sacrifice more than our bodies when we have babies. Just sayin'. The good news is that he is doing awesome, even if I'm losing my mind. He doesn't always do his "centers" apparently (the kid does have a pretty short attention span sometimes), but he scored above average or well above average (aka off the chart) on all of his tests. Way to go, buddy!

3. I'm taking SonA skiing for the first time today. And by "taking him skiing," I mean enrolling him in ski school while I sit and watch, since pregnancy + skiing = no bueno. I'm taking the laptop in hopes of getting some good #amwriting time in. Hopefully the beautiful mountains will be the perfect setting to help me focus. Except I have this feeling I'm going to want to watch his attempts to ski the whole time. So we'll see...


4. In case you were wondering, my (early) birthday dinner at Benihana was Ah-MAZE-ing. Yummy, yum, yum. I could eat there every night. Or at least once a week. Okay, once a month?
Please??

Ready to start gorging ourselves on a plethora of amazing food.


5. I have a lot of books calling my name right now, begging to be read. I want to read them. I yearn to read them. But remember #1? Yeah, I have got to stop getting distracted!



What's on your mind today?

8 comments:

Jacqueline Howett said...

Very excitig time for you, you go girl! Good Luck and happy B day.

Stina said...

40 K is great. I wish I was a fast writer when it comes to first drafts. I prefer editing. :)

Aleeza said...

i kind of have that must-write-immediately-or-will-lose-story thing going on. i'm still a slow writer, though, because i spend way too much time editing the stuff i write very soon after writing it...:D

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Sara! You look terrific. It sounds like you had an awesome time!

Unknown said...

I write like you!!! Super fast or the idea fades, no time a wasting!

Yay for a fabulous dinner! Happy early birthday!? Unless I passed it, then happy belated birthday hehe.

Natascha said...

Happy birthday :) and congrats on being at 40K!

Russo said...

You are so inspiring! 40K with your WIP, someday I hope to write like you do. Gorgeous foto BTW. You two look darling together!

Maegan Langer said...

LOVE Benihana! Happy birthday!