Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ask for it...

Thank you all so much for your comments on my last post - it really is gratifying to know that the things I'm sharing and the knowledge I've gained is useful to you. I will admit there are days that I think, "why am I spending so much time on this blog? Does anyone really even care about what I have to say? Especially when there are so many other blogs out there, written by authors who are more experienced/funny/knowledgeable/etc." Your comments on Monday (and many of my other posts as well) made me feel like I have something to offer, too. And I appreciate that more than you know.

Okay, warm and fuzzy moment over. I promise.

On to business. I happened to notice I'm at 192 followers right now. Wow, that is amazing! And I also noticed I haven't done a giveaway for a little while... hmm... 192 is pretty close to a nice, even number that starts with a 2 and ends with an 00. I'm thinking a contest will be showing up in the near future, most likely when I hit that nice even number. Wink, wink. Yeah, I know, totally subtle. Now, what to do for that contest? I will have to think about it. Stay tuned for what I come up with.

As for the title of today's post, I also realized it's been a long time since I've done a question and answer post. I usually try to do one every couple of months, just to mix things up and see if any of my new (or old) followers have thought of any questions they wish I'd answer. So have it: what are you just dying to know about me, or from me? Feel free to ask in the comments and I will do an answer post on Monday! (Friday is reserved for my recap of my friend Julie Berry's signing tonight at The King's English here in SLC! Go check out her new book, SECONDHAND CHARM. She is SO talented, trust me!)

Hope you are all having a great week!

10 comments:

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Of course we love you! Don't ever doubt how much you have to offer to your followers and to the world at large.

Congrats on nearing that next major milestone! contests are awesome :D

And a question...hmm...

How many revisions did you go through before you got your agent, and how many after?

Carolyn V. said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on the 192 Sara! Wish I could come to the book signing. Will you let us know how it goes?

Christine Fonseca said...

YOU ARE FAB!!! Just sayin' (and for the record, I go through those exact same feelings more often than I'd care to admit!)I like Carol's question...I am always curious about a writer's journey

Janiel Miller said...

Ah, you're fabu. Love your blog.

How many other projects do you have in the works? How's your heart? The kids? Is YOUR agent going to agent your future works?

Jennie Bailey said...

Janiel asked the heart question so my question is going to be - how do you balance it all: mother, wife, blogger, author?

Elana Johnson said...

I always seem to miss the posts that you thank people for. Dangitall.

But I love your blog! And hmm...what do I want to know? Your favorite food? Treat? Season? Give me some faves!

Melissa said...

You have so much to contribute to this community. I read every post! Sorry I don't always comment.

Colene Murphy said...

You are so appreciated here! I love your blog!!
Your fav book? Movie? Fav guilty pleasure? Fav thing to do when you aren't writing, reading, mom-ing, working?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the near 200! You're doing awesome!

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

I came up with another question...

When do you write?

There now, I'm curious because I know you are mega busy!