Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The power of...

Here's my thought for the day, and it can relate to writing, to querying, to continuing to pursue your path to getting published... or trying to train for a 10k in a month and a half. Or anything else you really want to accomplish that is hard. You ready for this?
(This is actually printed off and taped up right by my computer to help keep me going, even when I don't feel like it.)

"Do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not." (Brian Tracy, The Power of Discipline) He goes on to say, "There are 999 other success principles that I have found in my reading and experience, but without self-discipline, none of them work."

So, let's all do what we know we have to do, whether we feel like it or not, okay?

(also, don't forget to enter my contest to win a query critique by Friday! Only two days left!)

7 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

So true! That's the way to get it done. =)

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Well said.

Lisa Gail Green said...

Great quote. I should show it to my son..

Sara B. Larson said...

Thanks everyone, this quote definitely helps keep me going when I want to procrastinate or quit.
Lisa, if you do show it to your son, you'll have to let me know how that goes. Ha ha! ;)

Cheyanne said...

Great quote! I need to tell it to myself about fifty times a day.

(Like right now, when I should be working)

ali cross said...

Yup! I've heard this before, said different ways, and it's never untrue! Bum glue! That's what we need!

Sara B. Larson said...

Cheyanne- I know what you mean. I should really stop reading everyone's blogs and do something constructive... ;)

Ali - Bum glue, yes! You event it, I'll sell it.