Wednesday, February 16, 2011

In honor of L-O-V-E

So, since Monday was V-day, and this week is all about the love... I'm curious, what are your favorite "love-inspired" scenes from a book (or books)? Nothing R rated please, but I'd love to find out what the best kisses are in your opinions. For me, the romance in a book makes or breaks it (usually). I am a sucker for romance. I love falling in love with new characters. I love experiencing their first kisses, their first loves, their first kiss after they both finally admit they're in love. You get the idea.

Somehow I missed out on the big kissing blogfest that a bunch of authors participated in (posting kissing scenes from their books). That was so much fun to read people's posts! So, this is my way of joining in on the fun.

So tell me, what are your favorites? (and if you want to include movies/TV shows too, that's fine. I mean, I did in this post, so...) ;)

10 comments:

Mary E Campbell said...

The romance usually makes it or breaks it for me as well.
I didn't participate in the kissing blogfest this year, but I did last year and here is the link to that post
http://writersbuttdoesnotapplytome.blogspot.com/2009/12/kiss-like-you-mean-it.html

That post also has clips of my favorite kisses from movies - Some Kind Of Wonderful and North and South

Cristin Terrill said...

Ooh, favorite kiss? That's hard, as I like to think of myself as a bit of a kiss connoisseur. But at this moment, I think my top contender for the Best Kiss Evah is from the end of North and South. It's got everything a good kiss needs, but I think what puts it over the top is the way Thornton lip kind of quivers as he's going to kiss her. Amaaazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyYiwD1Q1aY

Shari said...

I don't have a favorite, but I love the sweetness and almost innocence of a first kiss.

Shallee said...

I love the kiss in the movie Emma. It's so perfect, and you can just see how long Knightly has wanted to kiss Emma...heavenly.

As for books, Anna and the French Kiss has some yummy ones. :)

Amie Borst said...

i don't know that i have a favorite first kiss, but favorite romances....maybe bella and edward (okay, don't say it, i know....but how couldn't you love a romance when a man loved a woman so much?)

my favorite though, of all time, would be Pretty in Pink. molly ringwald and andrew mccarthy! who wasn't rooting and cheering for them to end up together? LOVE that!

Colene Murphy said...

Okay, Amie up there reminded me of the first time the bad boy kissed the princess in The Breakfast Club. I loved that one.

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

I'm so bad at this. If I saw it I'd know, but nothing coming to mind. I think the one you chose from the Notebook was amazing! And for some reason, something from Mr. and Mrs. Smith is coming to mind...vaguely. Oh, also the kiss from Sixteen Candles when they were on the glass table. That was so so sweet. So I did remember one! Yay! :D

Sara B. Larson said...

I'm loving all the suggestions! Although it is interesting that almost everyone has opted for movie kisses instead of ones from books... hmm...

Jennie Bailey said...

Total cheese - the Bella/Edward first kiss. I loved it in the book and thought it was even steamier in the movie! Recently - Cassia and Ky! Loved their first kiss!!

Ari2525 said...

Im loving this post, I learned about your blog from the gnomes blog, I can't get enough of your writing.