Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What day is it again?

So, I'm going along, la la la. Go to the gym, showering before 11 am (woohoo! major accomplishment!), making lunch, cleaning the kitchen, entertaining my kids, thinking about my WIP. Obsessing over how much I wrote yesterday (1500 words for an outline to map out the rest of the book since I was on page 135 and thinking, "um, what should happen next to get me to _____?"; and between 3-4k words on the mss). I am happy about that, but at the same time want it to go even faster. Also, I've spent a good chunk of my day daydreaming of the amazing dinner I get to have tonight. Free meal at Benihana (my FAVE restaurant) for my birthday! But my birthday isn't until Saturday you say? I know, but they changed their policy and now their free birthday meal certificates are only valid Mon-Thurs. Stinketh, but what can I do? So we're going tonight.

And then it dawns on me. Today is Wednesday. Last night I was supposed to do my blog post for today. But in the midst of trying to write and then falling asleep out of pure exhaustion a quarter to who-knows-when, I FORGOT.

Hence, in place of a real post, you get this. A strange, rambling recap of why there wasn't a real post. But may I direct you to a few other amazing posts that are more worthy of your time? Kiersten White's last two posts have been incredible, and worth reading over and over. Check them out here. Also, Brodi Ashton also has a great post you should check out on writing what you DON'T know. And as always, Natalie Whipple's post today is super amazing.

Have a great Wednesday, and don't salivate too much thinking of all the amazing food I'm going to be gorging myself on--I mean, eating--tonight.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the links--great posts! First time I heard of Brodi--she's awesome!

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

I hope you have a fabulous meal, my dear! You deserve a beautiful birthday. Is Benihana Japanese? I love Japanese food!

Also, I cannot believe it's Wednesday already. We're well into March already, too. Gah!!

Sara {Rhapsody and Chaos} said...

Happy early birthday! I LOVE Benihana!

Also, dang. Awesome job on all the writing you got done yesterday!

Off to check out those links now :)

Shari said...

Congratulations on all the writing, Benihana's and your birthday!

ali cross said...

Call me weird, but sometimes your "non posts" are my favorite ones!

Hope Benihana did not disappoint!