Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday Five: the late edition

1. As you may have noticed, this post is later than normal. Sorry about that. I don't really have an excuse except for being super busy. And also tired. And really, really pregnant. And busy.

2. As I mentioned in my last post, it's been raining here. A lot. So much that I'm beginning to wonder if we somehow got transported to the Northwest peninsula. If I were into sparkly vampires, my hopes would be getting higher for a sighting any minute now.

3. Because of that rain, my plans to take my kids to the zoo today (since SonA was out of school) got nixed. Bummer. Now I'm trying to figure out how to entertain him inside, at home, yet again. Maybe I should convince him that cutting and gluing preschool art projects is super fun; that way he can help me get my work done for my job and I'll have more time to write tonight. A 6-year-old's work would totally look good enough, right? I'm totally kidding, but it's a nice thought!

4. Pools are supposed to open next weekend, but I'm thinking it might not happen. High 40s and rain isn't conducive to sitting out by the pool. There go my plans to take the kids and let them swim everyday until I have this baby. I guess the bright side to that is the fact that no one will have to see me in a swimsuit while I'm this pregnant any time soon...

5. Writing is really therapeutic for me sometimes. I've been in a funk this week, most likely because of the icky weather. Confession time: I have barely written this week. *blushes* I know, I know! I always say to write every day and I usually do. I promise to rectify that immediately. Well, not immediately because I have to go make lunch for my boys, and clean up, and yeah. But you know, soon. Like tonight. When they're in bed.

What's on your mind this Friday? Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

S.B.Niccum said...

Raining in Texas too! Hot though and muggy. I homeschool so I can relate...boy can I relate to having kids in the house all day! So you have my pitty and my admiration, for even getting a post in at all!
S.B. Niccum
Author Website
Blog

Russo said...

You #2 of the friday five had me totally laughing, from moving to the northern peninsula to the vampires. You rock!