Monday, May 3, 2010

First official CONTEST!!

Okay... I'm in a great mood--I had an awesome workout followed by a complimentary massage at the gym this morning, and I decided to pay forward the happiness. Who likes contests? Anyone? Anyone? he he he :-)

So here it is. There will be two possible levels of "winningness" (yes, I made that word up). Level one: If I can reach 60 followers on or before Thursday, May 13 I will be giving out a brand new (possibly even signed) paperback copy of WINGS by Aprilynne Pike. That's pretty nice, right? Not as nice as level two... which is this: If I can reach 100 followers on or before Thursday, May 13 by 4:00 pm MST, I will be giving away a brand new, just released, signed copy of SPELLS by Aprilynne Pike--the sequel to WINGS!!

I know this is a lofty goal, but I'm not rolling in the dough over here (ha ha, I wish! Maybe someday... then I can hand out all sorts of books!), so I figure I needed to make it a pretty worthwhile goal to reach. Why May 13, you ask? Aprilynne will be coming to my neck of the woods to do an author signing that night, and I will buy a book and have it signed to you that night!! All followers will get one entry. If you post an announcement and link to my blog on FB, your blog, or Twitter, please put that in a comment and you will get an extra entry! On Thursday, May 13 at 4:30 pm MST I will put all the entries in the random number generator and pick a lucky winner! But you have to get me to 60 or 100 followers first! Can we do it?? I hope so! Spread the word and see if we can make it in time!

Happy contesting!

P.S. Check out Elana Johnson's, Natalie Whipple's, and Lisa & Laura's blogs for some great posts and giveaways on some of their favorite books!

12 comments:

Carolyn V. said...

How cool! I actually already have a signed book from Aprilynne, so don't count me in the contest, but still, very cool!

Sara B. Larson said...

You already have a signed copy of SPELLS? Did you get an ARC?

Shari said...

I facebooked about you, Sara. I haven't read Wings yet. It's on my list, though. Good luck achieving your follower goals. You'll do it in no time, I'm sure!

Elana Johnson said...

I so want to get to the King's English on the 13th to meet Aprilynne and get Spells. But alas, I have crit group that night.

Sara B. Larson said...

Shari - Thanks so much! I really appreciate it. :-)

Elana - Bummer! Hopefully you win the contest then and you can still get a signed copy. ;-) (If I can get to 100 followers which isn't looking too likely right now *sad face*) Oh well, there's still like 8 or 9 days left... it could happen! ha ha

Ginger Churchill said...

Hey Sara, count me in :) I'll sign up to be a follower this second.

Sara B. Larson said...

Hey Ginger, thanks! :-)

Heather W said...

*Signing up to be a follower*

Very cool contest.
I hope you make your goal =)

Sara B. Larson said...

Hey Heather - Thank you! I hope so too, so I can give away the book! :-)

Sara B. Larson said...

Wait that sounded wrong. I mean so I can do the giveaway. I'm hoping I can get one for me, too. :-)

Aubrey said...

Sara I want Spells! WANT WANT! ;) Posted about it etc.

Lydia V said...

Cool contest! I tweeted bout this contest. Good Luck to all the other people who entered this contest.

http://twitter.com/Lydiavo/status/13507248566