Here's my limited observations and thoughts from a week of being stuck in bed:
1. Thank heavens for good books to distract me. This week was brought to you by Holly Black (RED GLOVE), Simone Elkeles (PERFECT CHEMISTRY), and I'm currently reading LOCK and KEY by Sarah Dessen.
2. Trying to work on revision notes while lying on your left side is really hard.
3. Typing while lying on your left side is really hard. Hence, I've been reading everyone's blogs, but unfortunately not always commenting if I've already been typing a lot on my mss that day.
4. Never, ever eat an entire Iceberg shake by yourself. I don't think I've consumed that much ice cream in the last two years combined. It was amazing, but yikes. I'm not feeling so good right now...
5. I am so grateful to my family and friends who have stepped in (and up) to help me during this time: taking care of my kids, cleaning, cooking, taking my BP, you name it. I can't thank you all enough. It's hard feeling like such a burden when I'm used to just pushing through and doing it all myself. Thank you, thank you.
So, tell me, how was your week? Any fun plans for the weekend? I'm hoping to have a baby, but we'll see how well that works out. ;)
Ooh, sweetie, I missed something. Bedrest at the end of the pregnancy is never easy. I hope you're almost there. I had bedrest with my fourth, my last. Best of luck. Feel better.
Yay, for book distractions. I love PC and L&K. I still have to read Holly's book. They're on my shelf (I borrowed it from a friend).
Reading is definitely the best distraction! I hope you have your baby soon! :) And that it goes easy and quickly and as painlessly as possible.
Soon and very soon...(hopefully). Enjoy your reading time because that's definitely going to change! At least for a while. :)
Ooh, I'm sorry about the bed-rest thing. But you seem to have such an upbeat and positive attitude. Great example! How close are you to having this little baby-cakes?
I'm so glad you have a good support system. I'm amazed you're still writing, with everything you've got going on. Go you!
Oh, bless your heart! I know how tough bedrest is, hang in there!
Hang in there! Hope you get your baby here soon!
When I was pregnant my baby was on my sciatic nerve so I could barely move. Hang there! It won't last long. :)
Just heard about your freaky low blood pressure and I'm glad you're ok! I struggled with that through my pregnancies too, so I remember the feeling. Hang in there!
It's hard to take it easy when you're used to moving & shaking. How has your blood pressure been? You're not a burden - I'm sure everyone is more than happy to help because everyone wants a healthy Sara and a healthy baby girl! Thinking good thoughts for you that little bundle inside!!
Oh, my goodness, girl. Bedrest is not so fun. Know that I am thinking of you. I always love your Friday Five.
I'm so sorry for your bedrest, just catching up on my blogs now. but at least there's good books to keep you company, right?
Post a Comment