Monday, January 2, 2012

2012!

Happy New Year everyone!

It's that time of year again: Christmas is over and holiday detox takes place quickly followed by a mad flurry of goal-making and sudden influxes of large groups of people to the local gyms. My family and I are sitting down tonight to do our annual tradition of writing down our new goals. We like to break them up into categories:

Daily goals, weekly goals, monthly, yearly, and future (3-5 years).

We then print off the nicely typed list and stick it on our bathroom mirror to help remind us of these goals throughout the year. We don't always accomplish all of them (ha ha), but we do try. And writing them down and looking at them multiple times a day certainly helps keep them in our minds. I've often heard that if you write something down, you are much more likely to actually do it. We have found this to be true.

So tell me, what are some of your goals this year? I'm excited to sit down and start with a fresh, blank document to make a new list of goals tonight. I'll have to let you know some of the ones we come up with for 2012!

2 comments:

Carolyn V said...

Great advice! I'm working on my resolutions right now. There are so many. ;)

Happy New Year Sara!

ali cross said...

That IS good advice! I like you how you have them broken down. Reminds me of the Franklin Covey method of goal setting.

Amazingly, being the queen of resolutions, I haven't set any formal goals yet. I think probably because I'm super sick so I haven't been thinking much of anything lately. I'm all fuzzed out.

But, I'm sure there will be publishing/writing goals, of course I'd love this to be the year I fall in love with exercise. Sure I'd like to lose weight, but mostly I'm looking for that lifestyle change, ya know?

I'd love to see what resolutions you come up with!