Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Four or Five

1. I hear it's snowing a lot around the country. Not here. Nope. It's so spring like here I'm afraid the trees are going to start budding. And then the snow will hit in April or something and when the pools are supposed to open in June, they'll be buried under two feet of snow. Hopefully not. But I'm slightly concerned.

2. Sometimes I set goals for myself that are a little bit crazy. And then I scramble around trying to figure out how to get everything done (because I've set myself up for failure by trying to do too many things at once) and I end up forgetting things like showering or sending a check for lunch money to school with my son or returning my library books. #totalstepfordwifefail (At least they still let him eat lunch, but the library account isn't looking so hot. I could buy a book for the price of all the fines I accrued, dang it.)

3. Today I take Baby Girl in for a repeat echo on her heart. One of the holes she was born with constricted her aorta when it closed. Today they are making sure that corrected itself in the last few months. Fingers are tightly crossed for good news.

4. Miracles exist and my cousin's husband is one of them. He is out of the ICU, he is getting a little bit stronger every day--he IS going to beat this cancer. I just know it. Thank you all SO so much for your prayes and thoughts. He's still got a long road ahead, but I know he can make it.

5. There isn't really anything else that can top that last one. It should be my one and only thought for the day, really. So I'm going to stop now.

What's on your mind today?

6 comments:

DL Hammons said...

That is awesome news about your cousin's husband! Truly awesome!! :)

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Yup, we got snow all night long. Can't complain, really. We haven't had hardly any. :)

What are my thoughts? I'll be playing Princess Ariel with other woman to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity this weekend. I can't wait to see all the little girls. They just love this stuff!!

Tasha Seegmiller said...

I didn't get snow and I live in a place that should be covered right now.

Good luck with the echo - had a similar experience with my daughter and hope the news for yours is as good as it was for mine.

So glad your cousin's husband is out of ICU. I hope he continues to progress.

Melody said...

YES! YES! I'm so glad to hear that your cousin is out of ICU!!!!!!! That is SO AWESOME! Yay God!!!! :) :) :)

Unknown said...

Great news about your cousin! Could use a few prayers for my friends' 14yr son just diagnosed with aggressive bone cancer. They too are believing for a miracle.

Carolyn V said...

I'm so glad to hear he is doing better! I've been wondering.

I hope your daughter is okay. Hope it's all good news. <3